Sunday 13 June 2010

Mmmm, cake

I have been doing some sewing (I promise!) but today there was a slight detour to my Mum and Dad's place for a roast lamb lunch.  I volunteered to make dessert -  there is a dessert that I have wanted to make for a little while now and this was a perfect excuse.

I saw it at Kraft Foods a couple of weeks ago and then recently at Patchwork Times. I ended up using Judy's recipe with a couple of alterations...

Cake:
Green's Moist Vanilla cake mix (470g)
2 eggs
2/3 cup (150mL) milk
60g soft butter

Jelly:
85g pack of passionfruit jelly crystals
1/2 cup boiling water
1/2 cup cold water

Icing:
90g instant vanilla pudding mix (a bit less than a full pack)
1 cup milk
splash vanilla essence
1 1/4 cups cream (full fat)
1/4 cup icing sugar

**  I had plenty of the icing left over, so next time I make it I will halve the ingredients.

**  also, I will whip the cream then mix the milk/pudding mix together.  When I made it today I did the milk/pudding mix first and it was already starting to set by the time the cream was whipped


I served it with a drizzle of passionfruit, and it was YUMMY!!  I will definitely be making this recipe again, maybe next time I will make a chocolate/strawberry combo

No comments:

Post a Comment

i love to read your comments!
i will reply if possible - but if your email is set to ...@noreplyblogger i am unable to reply to your comment