Sunday 19 January 2014

repurposing


my Dad is a retired builder who did his apprenticeship at a local cabinetmakers.  i am lucky that he is creative loves to work with his hands, otherwise my old and tired TV unit (which has served me well for many years)

would never have had the chance to be reborn as a pair of gorgeous display units...
and a set of drawers that has been in my family since my dad was a child would still be languishing in my shed - and it would still be painted pink with patches of green showing through!!  Instead, my handy Dad has spent time stripping and restoring this set of family drawers to their former glory

 they now sit in pride of place under my new TV
just look at the gorgeous wood that was hiding under all that paint!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

i love to read your comments!
i will reply if possible - but if your email is set to ...@noreplyblogger i am unable to reply to your comment