Sunday 25 October 2009

I've called in the reinforcements

I'm working on the final border of Karrie's quilt for our International Round Robin. It is looking nice and I am nearly finished BUT...

The problem is that i have NEVER done an mitered corner in my life, and this border needs all 4 corners mitered. So, I have called in reinforcements - in the form of my Mum who has been mitering corners since she was in school!

Should be able to get it finished today and in the mail tomorrow.... then I just have to wait for my quilt to be returned - I am very excited and cant wait to see it!!


UPDATE:

It took Mum and me 3.5 hours to get the 4 miters done... trust me to pick a difficult border to miter (it is a pieced border) !


The quilt is looking great - now I just need to take a photo and write in the notebook, then I can bag it up to send.

No comments:

Post a Comment

i love to read your comments!
i will reply if possible - but if your email is set to ...@noreplyblogger i am unable to reply to your comment