Thursday 26 November 2009

Molly's quilt

Here are a couple of photos of a quilt that I recently finished for a friend's daughter as a christening gift.

It was finished with minutes to spare - I put the last stitches in the quilt label 5 minutes before I had to leave for the christening!

I love the pattern that the quilting creates on the back of the quilt.

I used a combination of machine stitching in-the-ditch and hand stitched butterfly motifs (using perle thread) in the center of the octagons

This was last years New Years Eve mystery quilt at FabricaholicsAnonymous - they are hosting another mystery this New Years Eve and I am really looking forward to it!

1 comment:

i love to read your comments!
i will reply if possible - but if your email is set to ...@noreplyblogger i am unable to reply to your comment