Monday 28 December 2009

Back at it....

My sewing machine and I have reacquainted ourselves!

My Mum and I made a quilt for a close friend of hers who was diagnosed with cancer just before Christmas, she is scheduled to go in for surgery just after the new year and I decided that she needed a quilt to keep her spirits up - so Mum came up to my place and we sewed up a storm.

This was my first time using the Quick Strippie quilt pattern from MaryQuilts - it was fun, easy, quick and I think it looks great (oh, and the recipient LOVES her new quilt).

The quilting was fairly simple - I quilted over the seam lines using the "snake stitch" on my machine (the owls are too cute to sew over and because the wadding is poly I didn't need to quilt it too much), and the binding is completely done my machine.

This quilt is the perfect size for a knee/snuggle quilt (click on the photo to make it bigger):















And a close up to show the CUTE fabric that we used (the recipient loves owls):

No comments:

Post a Comment

i love to read your comments!
i will reply if possible - but if your email is set to ...@noreplyblogger i am unable to reply to your comment