Monday, 4 January 2010

"Spare Parts" table runner

This is my first FINISH for the year, I started working on it late yesterday morning and was finished by dinner time.

It is made from a couple of WHIMMs, the first was a set of half-square triangles made when I did a mystery quilt with Fabricaholicsananymous in August 2009 (these were left over scrap corners when I made some flying geese blocks), the second was a group of 3 hand drawn/colored images that I was given a couple of years ago.

I was hunting around in my shelf of WHIMMs and these 2 items got my attention.... now what to do with them? I decided that a bright table runner (or in my case wall hanging!) would be perfect.

Once it was made I decided to piece the backing from some more leftover bits from the mystery quilt, then I thought I would try a suggestion from a fellow quilter and use my maching to TIE the quilt. I programmed my machine to do a lockstitch-satin stitch circle-lockstitch and I was on my way! What a fun and quick way to get something quilted - I will be using this method again.

1 comment:

  1. great job, I love when UFO's jump off the shelf and turn into beautiful pieces to enjoy or share.
    I am quilting on one now that just 'happened' I can't wait to get it done, I need to wind some bobbins and am procrastinating (you know if you have to wind one, you might as well do a hundrend.) be good cheryl


i love to read your comments!
i will reply if possible - but if your email is set to ...@noreplyblogger i am unable to reply to your comment