Saturday 4 December 2010

And another mystery quilt

Dorothy from apocketfulofmysteries has posted the fabric requirements for her annual Christmas mystery quit, this year the quilt is called "hugs and kisses".  my fabric drawers are VERY full at the moment (i inherited some fabric when a friend passed away recently) so i decided to join in.

the mystery is a 2 color quilt and we can use scraps or yardage.  my green/blue drawer is almost overflowing so i decided to use some dark green fat quarters as the main fabric for the mystery quilt, the other fabric was in my neutral drawer and looks great with the scrappy greens.
if you have been following my blog for a while you will have noticed that this color combination is quite unusual for me, as i tend to use strong colors and striking color combinations.  i am looking forward to stepping out of my comfort zone!

P.S. now that summer has finally arrived, i thought it was time for a color change on my blog!

3 comments:

  1. Love your color combination. I've not yet decided what I'm using. Most of my drawers are overflowing, so....
    I do need a teacher quilt that is red and then again one that is blue. Might be either of those and a coordinating color.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the colors, I think it will be a great tv quilt! All my fabrics are in boxes!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice colors, like beach rocks. I look forward to seeing what these become.

    I also like your summery blog theme (as we just received 20 inches of snow here in Minnesota this weekend!)

    - Mary, The Curious Quilter

    ReplyDelete

i love to read your comments!
i will reply if possible - but if your email is set to ...@noreplyblogger i am unable to reply to your comment