my dad was kind enough to hold it while i snapped some photos (dont you love his socks!)...
the back was pieced together using left-overs from making the front, and i added the pink at the top/bottom so that it would be big enough
and a close up that shows the gorgeous owl print (fabrics were from spotlight and must have been printed for them because the selvedges didn't have much info from the manufacturer)
i used 1m of each of the owl print, stripey fabric and blue floral fabric, then added approx 1/2m of the pink fabric.
i used hobbs heirloom fusible wadding (it only fuses temporarily so the finished quilt is nice and soft) to minimise pinning and save time (i still like to put a couple of pins along the edges) and then quilt using a variegated thread, my open-toe walking foot and a snake/curve stitch on each seamline
unfortunately my walking foot broke mid-way through the quilting process, but i am very lucky that my mum lives 5mins away from me and she had a walking foot that i could use to finish the quilt
red), the foot moved out of alignment, then broke the needle and caused the machine to shudder around and make all sorts of horrible noises. thankfully, it doesn't seem to have caused any damage to the machine.