Sunday 27 September 2009

Gotta love the weekend

BEFORE:
Saturday I finally bit the bullet and fixed a quilt top ("Butterfly Dreams") that had been annoying me.

I loved the top BUT hated the big squares in the corners... they just didn't look right.

I couldn't unpick the borders and start again because i didn't have any more of the lovely butterfly print (and I didn't want to redo the applique!)

Inspiration finally struck me and i decided to applique on some narrow purple strips to mimic the purple flanges. I am really happy with how the corners look now - the purple lines break the square up and it looks in balance with the rest of the quilt. Sorry I haven't taken a photo of the whole quilt since the alterations, but I do have a photo of one of the corners....

AFTER:

1 comment:

  1. looks good! i love your butterflies adn the green checkerboard fabric is wonderful.

    ReplyDelete

i love to read your comments!
i will reply if possible - but if your email is set to ...@noreplyblogger i am unable to reply to your comment