Saturday I finally bit the bullet and fixed a quilt top ("Butterfly Dreams") that had been annoying me.
I loved the top BUT hated the big squares in the corners... they just didn't look right.
I couldn't unpick the borders and start again because i didn't have any more of the lovely butterfly print (and I didn't want to redo the applique!)
Inspiration finally struck me and i decided to applique on some narrow purple strips to mimic the purple flanges. I am really happy with how the corners look now - the purple lines break the square up and it looks in balance with the rest of the quilt. Sorry I haven't taken a photo of the whole quilt since the alterations, but I do have a photo of one of the corners....