Sunday, 25 April 2010

Nancy Rose mystery quilt top

I did finish the top yesterday but it was a bit dark last night to take a photo (I need all the help that I can get to take a nice photo!).

I made a couple of changes to the pattern - I didnt like the original layout of 3 blocks x 5 blocks so I made an extra block so I could have a square quilt (hmmm, I seem to have a liking for square quilts). Then to make the outside border of 4-patches fit I needed to add a narrow 1" inner border.

Its not my most "accurate" quilt as my favorite sewing machine was in for a service and I had to use one of my other sewing machines; its a good machine... its just not my favorite! And I'm not sure that I like sewing with these pre-cuts, those pinked edges make it a little difficult to get a nice 1/4" seam and trimming them down for the 4-patches was a little awkward. But, the top is done and it is CUTE!

Here it is...Oh and if you are interested; the charm squares that I used are from the "May Pole" range by April Cornell for Moda


  1. Looks great, I still have two from last time to get quilted. I imagine I will make more sometime. - cheryl

  2. This is VERY pretty! Like how you've 'squared' it. Great job :)


i love to read your comments!
i will reply if possible - but if your email is set to ...@noreplyblogger i am unable to reply to your comment