Sunday 9 August 2009

Another weekend bites the dust

Well most of Saturday was spent at work, then home and spent some time on those little jobs that dont get done through the week.

I was going to prune some roses on Sunday, BUT then I remembered that my pruners were with my Dad getting sharpened.... what a shame!

So I dug into my pile of quilt magazines and ripped, ripped, ripped. What started off as a rather generous pile of magazines turned into a neat stack of patterns which I are now filed in binders. Some magazines didn't have anything that I wanted to keep - so they are in a pile which will be taken to my next quilt group meeting, in the hope that they can find homes with other quilters.

I am not rostered on to work on Tuesday morning, so I hope to get some binding made (fabric is already set aside) for a quilt that will be donated to the bushfire survivors. The top is made and I have selected some backing fabric (just need to check that it is big enough lol). The top/backing/binding will be sent off to Jan Mac, she is doing a WONDERFUL job of getting quilts out to the people who survived the tragic fires in Victoria earlier this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment

i love to read your comments!
i will reply if possible - but if your email is set to ...@noreplyblogger i am unable to reply to your comment