Thursday 27 August 2009

Yum, Yum!!

I made one of my favorite recipes for dinner tonight. It was something that my Mum made when I was a child. It is quick, easy and yummy - which is why I think my Mum used to make it regularly!! We would have it for dinner one night and Mum would send the leftovers in my lunch box for school the next day.

COUNTRY PIE (makes 18 mini pies)
2 sheets frozen ready-rolled shortcrust pastry (you can use the low-fat version if you like)
3 cups diced mixed veggies (e.g. corn, peas, carrot, beans, zucchini)
1 finely diced onion
1tbsp butter
1 cup grated cheese
3 eggs
a pinch or 2 of your favorite herbs (I like to use a mix of oregano, parsley, thyme, marjoram, rosemary and sage)
pepper and salt to taste

- place pastry on the bench to defrost (cover with a tea towel to prevent it drying out)
- melt butter, add onion and cook until it has softened
- add veggies and fry gently (allow them to get a little color - this will add to the flavor)
- allow the veggies to cool
- cut each sheet of pastry into 9 squares
- use these small squares to line non-stick cupcake/muffin molds
- mix eggs, cheese, herbs together in a bowl, add the cooled veggies and mix well
- spoon the filling into prepared pastry moulds
- OPTIONAL... top with a little grated cheese and a slice of tomato
- bake at 200 deg.C for 25-30 mins
- serve them either warm or cooled with a dash of tomato sauce

No comments:

Post a Comment

i love to read your comments!
i will reply if possible - but if your email is set to ...@noreplyblogger i am unable to reply to your comment